When pricing up any project we often struggle with two main fears. “Will I price this too high” or “Will I not charge enough”. How can you be sure you are charging a price that is good for your client and for your business? In this episode Lee shares a mindset he uses to work out how he should be pricing a project if at all.
- Start with a “no” mindset
- What will the client say that will convince me to work on this job?
- Is this job in my interests?
- Is there a decent budget?
- What is timeline?
- What is spec?
- Is this our skill-set?
- Is client an idiot?
- Pricing should be based on the following factors:
- Time + value + experience
- The value of the problems you are solving
- You have a responsibility to your clients to charge enough to ensure that you have a healthy biz and a good lifestyle
- You are doing your client and yourself a disservice if you are not charging enough
- A clear brief as well as expectations help ensure no suprises
Instagram – click here
Twitter – click here
Facebook group – click here