Do you feel like your website or brand is lost in the endless sea of search engine results? Does it seem like no matter what you do, you just can't break onto page one or get those coveted top rankings? Well, today's guest Jason Barnard is here to help you finally stop getting buried by search engines.
Known as the "Brand SERP Guy," Jason is an international authority on managing brand search optimisation and online reputation. In this info-packed episode, he shares insider tips to take control of how you appear on Google, Bing, and other search platforms.
You'll discover expert strategies to take control of how you appear on Google, Bing, and other search platforms. For example, inspired by Jason's advice I have started building out my personal brand site in order to fix the brand SERP for my name! Check it out.
In a few weeks and months I'll look like a legend on the search engines :)
We recorded this podcast live, so if you'd prefer to watch you can do so on YouTube.
Googling whilst we chatted was VERY eye opening for me! Here are some of the biggest takeaways I took away from the process.
- Clean up your digital footprint by prioritising and optimising top search results about your brand. This "entity home" is key for search engines. We googled my personal brand and it was a mess!
- Educate search bots on who you are and what makes you an authority by optimising your website content, social profiles, videos, etc.
- Focus your content marketing on platforms where your audience is actively searching and engaging. Meet them where they are.
- Structure your content so it clearly showcases your expertise and offers solutions to your audience's needs.
- Use schema markup to help search engines better understand your content.
- Monitor brand search performance on both Google and Bing - optimise accordingly.
- Build organic, authoritative knowledge panels to better control brand information search engines display.
- Having a unique, differentiated name can help you stand out from others with common names. Example for me: Lee Matthew Jackson (adding the Matthew helps me stand out amongst the MANY Lee Jacksons).
Connect with Jason
Just as we say in the the episode....
- The BEST way is... Google him! "Jason Barnard"
- For more information on Kalicube, check out the website.